Hi, I’m Jasmine Katatikarn
You’re in the right place …
If you are asking yourself, who am i? and what do I really want to do?
If you aren’t happy in your current situation but are scared of change.
If you are going through a big life change and you feel rushed, panicked, anxious, and lost.
My mission is to help you slow down, gain confidence, and clarity so you can focus on your next steps.
I help Creatives CREATE outside the box.
As a certified creative life coach, I have helped my clients break out of the box society has built and draw outside the lines to create their unique paths to happiness through my creative thinking process.
Through creative exercises that help my clients take a pause, reflect and realize what is truly important to them, they have been able to:
- See a path to their future self and realize that it is attainable.
- Rediscover that creative spark you think is lost.
- Have confidence in their worth. (After a one-on-one call with me, a client successfully increased her salary by 20k!)
- Know what kind of job/career will bring them joy and fulfillment.
- Ease the stress and anxiety associated with fertility.
Interested in learning more about how I can help you create a truly happy life?
I was my first coaching client, without knowing it. I utilize creative thinking tools every day to create my life and now I am here to show you how to do the same.
Growing up, I was taught what I needed to do to be “happy” and live the “perfect” life. Study hard, get into a good school, get a good steady, reliable job (preferably be a doctor!), get married, have 2.5 children, buy a house in the burbs, work hard, keep working hard until 65, then retire.
I bought into society’s definition of “success” and “happy,” and I was checking off all the boxes without stopping to question if this was what I wanted. When I checked off a box, I wondered why I didn’t feel “happy.” I did not think much of it until my life stopped when it was time to have kids.
After five years of trying, I was given the crippling news that I would have less than a 1% chance of having a biological child. That moment, one of the lowest points in my life, transformed me into the person I am today. Today, I have two miracle kids, and I owe it to creative thinking.
I applied my creative mindset, took control of an uncertain situation, and reimagined my life. One that is more confident fulfilled, and empowered.
As an artist, I have the skills to create beautiful art. Through photography and design, I used these skills as a lighting artist for computer-animated films and everyday life. But the real superpower of an artist is not the creative work itself but the ability to use the same skills to affect your overall happiness.
Instead of accepting that there is nothing to do when given an impossible situation and feeling defeated, I see the opposite – I look for the potential and hidden beauty in the situation to solve the problem. I think of multiple alternatives and start testing, visualizing and iterating numerous solutions, and reframing what a happy life means.
Life is full of obstacles, and rarely does everything works out as planned. I use creative thinking to keep moving forward towards my goals, and I show you how to do the same.
Today, I am the CEO and founder of Academy of Animated Art, an online animation school; I work full time as an Artist Manager/Leader for a Fortune 500 company. I am a creative life coach and a mother of two. The common thread behind everything I do is that I help creatives create an authentic life. I am able to do all of this and more because I apply my creative thinking principles to my own life.
I am here to help you think outside the box and reimagine your life. Life is rarely perfect, but we have the power through our actions to create our version of “happy.” I can’t wait to help you create a life that aligns with what you value most to bring your unique version of happiness to reality.
I can help you …
- Navigate life transitions (career, parenthood, entrepreneurship, & fertility)
- Rediscover and spark your creative energy.
- Take all of your creative interests and align them into one cohesive mission.
- If you live a life that should make you “happy” but feel there is something more and you are unsure how to get there?
- If you have a dream/idea and need a mentor to help make it a reality.
- To take control of your anxiety and stress during your fertility journey.
Jasmine Katatikarn is a certified Creative Life Coach, CEO/Founder of the Academy of Animated Art, Creative Manager/Leader for a Fortune 500 company, Animation/VFX artist, and mother of two.
Jasmine has proven success motivating and communicating with diverse teams to support professional and artistic development. Hands-on success-building programs and organizations from the ground up with a long-term vision in mind.
An experienced educator and mentor with a passion for providing concrete steps to support individualized paths to personal development and career growth.
Jasmine’s extensive career as an artist, leader, entrepreneur, and educator has enabled her to build a combination of unique skill sets. A skill set that seamlessly combines the artistic with the technical and ability to visualize the long-term vision together. She utilizes creative thinking and problem solving to achieve any goal at every step.
Using her creative point of view and tools, Jasmine shows you how to reimagine your life to create your unique blueprint to get you to your goal that aligns with what is most important to you.
Fun Facts …
- My husband likes to say I’m an introvert that has learned to be an extrovert. When he said that, I laughed so hard because it’s so true. I was so shy as a child that I didn’t talk out loud in the classroom for a whole year in kindergarten. I remember walking up to the teacher and whispering “here” in her ear when she took attendance because I was terrified to speak out loud! I think of that whenever I’m doing public speaking and pat myself on the back – “good job, you’ve come a long way …”
- I love my kids more than I could have ever imagined possible. I often find myself watching them and wonder, “Are they real? Am I dreaming?” I spent so much time during my years of trying to have a child, fearing that I would never know what it would be like to be a mother. I am so grateful every day.
- I was a lighting artist on feature animated films for nearly 20 years before going into coaching. If you have seen the Ice Age movies, Peanuts, Rio 1 & 2, Epic, Ferdinand, and Spies and Disguise, you can see my name in the credits! (My daughter is in the baby credits of Ice Age 5, and my son in the baby credits of Spies and Disguise!)
- I am the CEO and founder of the Academy of Animated Art, an online school that helps aspiring artists start their animation industry careers!
- I love to create, from digital to physical objects. You can see it all over my home. From wooden stools that I’ve made, glass-blown flowers, paintings on the wall, to knitted hats (that Matt refuses to wear) in the closet. It brings me such joy, and it’s what keeps me going every day! What can I create today??
Guilty pleasures …
- I eat a shot glass filled with chocolate chips at the end of a long day. (I guess that’s my version of alcohol!)