Guilt free sweet? Yes please!
During my fertility journey I tried just about anything to help my chances of having a child. One of them was changing my diet. Don’t get me wrong, I was always on the healthier side but I did have my guilty food pleasures. When I went on the elimination diet I no longer could have many things I had taken for granted before. One of those were anything sugar and dairy. This is when I started researching and experimenting alot with my own cooking at home as well as alternatives to when I wanted something sweet.
Meet date bars/balls! This was among the favorites that I have discovered in my food journey. No added sugar (sweetened by dates) and it’s packed with good things for you. Guilt-free!
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. I know T is a big fan of them as well!
Mix all the ingredients together in a food processor or powerful blender – I use a vitamix.
Pack them in a pan to make bars or roll them into balls if you prefer them in ball form!
- 2 cup – dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons - chia seeds
- 3/4 cup – roasted unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup – peanut butter, all-natural and unsweetened.
- 1/2 cup – coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoon – cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoon - coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon – salt
- Add all the ingredients in a high powered blender or a food processor.
- Place mixed ingredients in a baking pan and pack down with your hand making sure that there are no holes and it's packed firmly to the pan.
- Roll mixture into balls and place on a pan
- Place and cover in the fridge for a minimum of one hour. Once firm, the bars can be cut into desired size. Place bars/balls in airtight container and put it back in the fridge when not eating.