Roasted pumpkin seeds are one of my favorite November snacks. I look forward to pumpkin carving season because it means I will have ample amounts of pumpkin seeds to roast! They make for a great snack (though, I warn you .. they are highly addictive!!)
So don’t throw away those pumpkin seeds as you are emptying out your pumpkins! Roast them instead.
- Pumpkin seeds
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Preheat oven 300 degrees F
- 1. Remove the seeds from the pumpkin.
- 2. Remove access pumpkin as much as you can (it's okay if some is left)
- 3. Wash seeds and dry
- 4. Coat seeds with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 5. Spread one layer on tray (try not to overflow the tray)
- 6. Bake for 45 min and move around seeds half way through.
- When they are lightly golden brown they are ready to be taken out.